Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 5 - Montezuma

As usual I woke up early and walked over to El Sano Banano to sit on one of their outdoor table to have some coffee and watch the world of Montezuma go by. I met a couple form Florida who were living in Guapiles (on the road to the Caribbean coast) and talked with them for a bit about living in Costa Rica. After a bit I went back to get Kat and we returned to EL Sano Banano for breakfast. I had the fruit, granola, and yogurt while Kat had the Tipico breakfast consisting of gallo pinto and eggs.

After breakfast we took a quick walk around town and then decided to take a drive to Cabuya to check out the nature preserve. We made the drive south only to find that the park was closed. There is an cemetery on an island just off of Cabuya that is only reachable during low tide but we could find any access to the beach and there wasn't much else going on in the "town" so we headed back.

After arriving back in Montezuma we checked email at Banana.Net fight next to El Sanano Banano. They have new MAC computers but the internet is very sloooow. We think we might want to head to Nosara next along the coastal road so I emailed Gilded Iguana to see if they had any rooms next week after we leave Mal Pais.

After emails we got some beers at the store. The women told us that there was a 200 colones bottle deposit to encourage people not not leave trash on the beach and recycle - I thought this was pretty neat as recycling is something relatively new to Costa Rica. We then headed to the beach just north of town and we found there was quite a lot of people laying about and swimming in the water. At one point I saw an iguana on a rock behind us. I went to take a picture and I felt a burning sensation on my foot. I looked down to see it covered with these black ants that were biting me! I had to run into the ocean to get them off - fortunately the pain subsided once they were off.
Costa Rica December 2 2008 - 116
We both did some swimming in the ocean which was more gentile that the last time we visited in 2005.

Later, we went back to the hotel for a dip in the pool

The pool at EL Jardin


and later headed to Chico's Bar for some beers and guaro. We were hungry so we went to Cocolores where I had the yummy pineapple chicken (just as good as when I ate there in 2005).

Pineapple Chicken at Cocolores, Montezuma, Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment